Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until chilled. Strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with cranberries.
* Ginger Syrup: combine 1 c. water & 1 c. sugar in small saucepan; add 4 tbsp sliced ginger; bring just to the boil; remove from heat and let cool; strain mixture into a clean mason jar. Store in the fridge for up to a month.
- 1 1/2 oz vodka
-1/2 oz creme de cassis
- 3 dashes rose water
- 4 oz soda water
- 5-7 drops FPJ Rosehip Bitters
- wild rose petals (fresh or dried) or edible gold flakes for garnish
Stir first 5 ingredients in a mixing glass filled with ice. Strain into a Collins glass with fresh ice, and garnish as desired.
Rose Gold cocktail concocted by Free Pour Jenny’s.
Combine all ingredients except lime together in a mixing glass filled with ice, and stir until chilled. Strain into an Old Fashioned glass filled with fresh ice, and garnish with a lime wedge.
- 1 1/4 oz Bombay Sapphire Gin
- 1/4 oz Plymouth Sloe Gin
- lemon juice
- simple syrup
- FPJ Orange Bitters
- sparkling wine
Sitr all ingredients except sparkling wine in a mixing glass until chilled; strain into a chilled coupe glass. Top with sparkling wine.
* Recipe and photo credit: Bombay Peggy's Inn & Pub, Dawson City, YT
THE TUXEDO COCKTAIL
(based on Barflies and Cocktails, 1927, by Harry McElhone)
- 1 dash (1/8 tsp) Maraschino liqueur
- 1 dash (1/8 tsp) absinthe (Okanagan Spirits makes a great absinthe)
- 5-6 drops Free Pour Jenny's Orange Bitters
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 1 1/2 oz dry vermouth
- slice of lemon peel
Stir with ice in a mixing glass until very cold; strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Squeeze lemon peel over top of drink, and then add as a garnish.
NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM
- 1 1/2 oz gin
- 3/4 oz Dubonnet
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 3 oz soda water
- 6 drops FPJ Orange Bitters
- lemon wedge
Combine all ingredients except lemon in a mixing glass filled with ice; stir until well chilled. Strain into an Old Fashioned glass filled with fresh ice, and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Bitter Brownies! 😍
1 c butter 1 c white sugar 1 c brown sugar 2/3 c cocoa powder 3 eggs 1 1/2 tsp FPJ Solstice Bitters 1 c flour 1 1/2 tsp baking powder 1 c walnut pieces
Preheat oven to 350 deg F. Melt the butter. In a large bowl, combine white sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa. Blend in the melted butter with a wooden spoon. Beat the eggs in a separate, small bowl. Add the beaten eggs and the bitters to the sugar/egg mixture, and stir together. Combine flour and baking powder in another small bowl. Add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and stir the batter until blended. Add the walnuts, stirring to mix. Pour the batter into a lightly buttered 9x13" pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes (you can insert a toothpick in the centre of the brownies to check for doneness).
Serve with ice cream or whipped cream, topped with cranberries.